Thursday, December 13, 2007

Creeping, Crawling and Running in the Family


In the last couple of days, Abbey has made great strides in her quest to crawl. She's finally figured out that the arms and legs have to both move at the same time. Elizabeth is not far behind and uses her own technique to scoot to whatever toy or object she wants to pick up and promptly put in her mouth.


The girls' day care center, which by the way has named Amy the Parent of the Month for December, sends home a report of the girls' activities each day. Their latest report said that the girls are "really getting around a lot." Isn't that what all parents hope their daughters will aspire to?


All of this talk of forward motion brings to mind one of the wittier responses I've heard a parent of twins give to the often asked question, "Do twins run in your family?" This mom simply smiles and says, "Yes, we are trying to get them to slow down."


4 comments:

Marty said...

Abbey looks very proud of herself. Mobile children are a whole different world. Welcome.

Congrats to Amy on her big award from the day care.

Anonymous said...

Amy should frame that award and put it on her desk at work! haha
You guys do deserve an award for keeping it all together with twins! They seem to be thriving! Jon, you are cracking me up with the "girls get around" comment!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Marty and Bess and Ellie Claire.

Bess, I actually wrote that post. My attempt to weave in some of Jon's humor was just so it didn't look like I was bragging about my award from the day care! Now you know the real truth though. I was pretty excited about it. ha!

Elizabeth said...

I must be the most annoying person in the world. I bet I have asked every single mother of twins at church if twins run in their family...and then I tell them about my friend in Alabama who has twin girls and they are so adorable and twins DO run in their family and...okay, so maybe I should stop...?
I did see a bumper sticker the other day that said, "No, my boy and girl twins are NOT identical!" Frustrated mother of twins...I was tempted to roll down my window and ask if her twins were identical...
I hope the girls found Britax car seats under their tree yesterday...Warning that this is the last year you can get away with giving them something they NEED...darn! Next year, get ready for the kitchen and all the fake food.
Love you, Amy!