Abbey and Elizabeth's school takes Halloween pretty seriously. In addition to the customary Halloween party that they celebrated in each class, the entire school participates in a costume parade through the gym. Of course there is no shortage of parents on hand to watch and photograph every moment of the parade.Jon and I got a glimpse of this ritual this morning. All the parents surrounded a roped off section of the gym floor where the paraders marched. It was like the papparazzi getting shots of celebrities on the red carpet. Stopping and smiling for the cameras seemed to come naturally for Abbey and Elizabeth, who were dressed as ballerinas. Maybe our girls have a future in show business.
Getting ready for school was so much fun today, Abbey never even asked to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Leading up to today's festivities, when I asked Elizabeth what her class was going to be doing at school this week, she told me they were having everything from a tea party to a birthday party. Today, she and Abbey finally got a sense of what Halloween is all about and it's safe to say they enjoyed it.

Happy Halloween!
1 comment:
At Molly's preschool I got a note home that the food I had volunteered to provide for the class "fall party" could only have pumpkins and leaves if it had designs--no "Jack-o-lanterns or Halloween." Too bad--it's fun to wear costumes to school!
Post a Comment